MR RICHARD PEERS
Richard Peers leads Microsoft’s WW Industry team for Retail/Private and Wealth Banking. He has spent the last 20 years at Microsoft in sales, services and marketing leadership, with the last five years deeply engaged with clients, Fintech’s and partners in Financial Services. Working on projects and engaging with leadership teams he brings an up to the minute insight on the vision and the practicalities of “Digital Banking”.
In 2017 he lead :
- Microsoft’s engagement with Clear Bank the first new clearing bank in the U.K. in 250 years.
- The creation and execution of a PSD2 market solution with Accenture/Avanade and Microsoft Services.
- Contributed a chapter to the “Wealth Tech Book” following on from the “Fintech Book” on the API economy and the impact of PSD2 and Fintech’s on Banking in 2016.
- A new whitepaper in 2017 on Open Banking based on deep engagements with clients, delivers practical insights on how to deliver this vision.
- Richard chairs Microsoft and Industry Banking events in Retail/Private and Wealth and has contributed to regulatory meetings such as the FSB meeting on fintech.
Skills and engagements cover:
Financial Services clients
- Transforming to a Digital Bank, tackling the back office to enable the front.
- Future Branch and Omni –channel/Mobile Banking /
- Open Banking and PSD2
- Digital Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence and Bots
- Business reimagined; Culture and services for the modern workforce