David is a senior IT professional with over 25 years’ experience delivering programmes in the Banking, Investment and Insurance industries. He spent 6 years as the CIO for the Hiscox Insurance Company where he led the digital transformation of the UK retail business from strategy through to delivery. In January 2017, he launched as an independent consultant (Merlin Digital Consulting Ltd) advising companies on how to design and deliver complex digital strategies, from strategic thinking through to selection, implementation and operational service of new technology solutions. He offers clients access to his extensive experience of transformational change across insurance to help them prepare for the new digital era.
Specialist topic areas include: Digital disruption and how to best maximise the business benefit, IT vision and strategy, Target Operating Model, legacy platform replacement, designing and running Agile/DevOps teams and delivering successful business transformation programmes. Assignments and presentations successfully carried out across the UK, Nordics, central Europe and Australia.
David is also the founder and chair of The Camelot Network – a diverse network of over 130 independent consultants who have “been there and done it” as former C-Suite Execs and practitioners in the insurance space.
David has been a Guest Speaker at multiple Insurance Industry forums covering topics such as; Digital Disruption and Innovation, The Strategic Impact of Mobile Technologies in Insurance and Transforming Operations and Policy Administration. Assignments and presentations successfully carried out across the UK, Nordics, central Europe, South Africa and Australia.
Presentations include –
- “Navigating unchartered waters: How to respond to the digital disruption affecting the insurance industry” – SQS Investor Teach in London 7th Feb 2017 and also in Italy 24th Feb 2017.
- “Claims innovation: delivering an efficient and effective claims operating model” – Technology in Insurance conference 2nd March 2017, London.
- “What if…the endless possibilities of digital disruption” Key Note Speaker at the European Digital Insurance Summit 12th – 14th June 2017
- “Agile Analytics – low cost, high returns and quick wins” at Intelligent InsurTECH Europe Conference 3rd October 2017.
- Key Note Speaker at the Disruptive Technologies in Insurance Conference in Johannesburg, 23rd November 2017.
- Panelist for the Insurance Innovators: Nordics 2018 Conference, Copenhagen 6th/7th March 2018
- Key Note Speaker at the London Market Forums “Technology and Innovation” summit in London on 3rd July 2018
- Speaker at the TINTech London Market conference in London on 5th February 2019
- Speaker at the TINTech London Market conference in London “Highs and lows of process automation” on 11th February 2020
- Global InsurTech Summit in London. ‘Radically Changing Insurance – Practical Lessons from InsurTechs & Real Innovation 3rd March 2020
- Speaker Silicon Valley Insurance Accelerator (SVIA)’s webinar series on Next-Gen P&C Insurance Innovation 19th August 2020Linked in Profile:https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-clamp-3658161/