Almost half of European neobanks now offer investment products

Recent research by WealthTech firm Bricknode has found the percentage of European neobanks currently offering investment products is close to half at 44%.

The research was carried out this month and analysed 81 neobanks that are headquartered in Europe and was based on a Neobanks app list plus five additional companies known to Bricknode.

The study also found that 54% of neobanks with investment products offer multiple asset classes. In addition, the most common asset classes offered by neobanks were found to be funds, exchange traded funds, stocks and cryptocurrencies. The remaining 46% offered a single type of investment.

One quarter of European neobanks offer sustainable investment options, while two thirds implemented investment products through SaaS partnerships and one third had utilised proprietary or parent firm technology.

Bricknode co-CEO Erik Hagelin said, ?The growing popularity of investing is being driven by financial technology, with new mobile trading applications and user-friendly products. Our research shows that neobanks are quickly cashing in on this trend by partnering with companies that offer pre-built SaaS investment tech and infrastructure.p>

Copyright ? 2022 FinTech Global

Enjoying the stories?

Subscribe to our daily FinTech newsletter and get the latest industry news & research


The following investor(s) were tagged in this article.